Monday, January 29, 2007

Most days when you travel to work you follow the usual routine. Personally I walk to my car, drive about 5 miles then walk from my car to my desk. Same route each day, not usually very exciting. Friday of last week was a little different.
I walked to my car as usual, drove to the office as usual and that's where the normal routine stopped. While I waited to get in the lift to take me to the 5th floor I said good morning to the gentleman who was also waiting. Typically when I say good morning to a total stranger they would say something back to me then get on with their day. This guy was a little different. We made eye contact as he said good morning back as for a split second his eyes looked "south". It was a very quick glance but I noticed it. I thought that it was a little strange. When the lift arrived there was a woman already inside. She wasn't paying much attention to anything but when I said hello she also looked at me then made a quick flick with her eyes to check out the top of my trousers!!
By now I was starting to get a bit paranoid. The first two people I see and they both check me out. What's going on? As I waited for the lift to arrive at the 5th floor I thought my flies could be open. Perhaps that was the attention grabber. I casually checked the zip as I rode the lift and everything was where it should be. I reached the 5th floor and began walking to my desk. It's a 2 minute walk through a number of desks and corridors and along the way I past a number of people going about their daily tasks. At least two more people made eye contact and proceeded to flick their eyes down, realise I had noticed then re-make eye contact or look away.
I finally got to my desk and by now I thought my trousers were see-thru. I sat down, looked at the top of my trousers and realised the source for the wandering eyes. On my right pocket was a perfect hand print. I was wearing black trousers but I could definitely see a darker area making a perfect hand print. From the position of the print it would suggest I had been busting some Michael Jackson groin grabbing moves on the way to work. I can assure the reader that is not the case and it took me a few moments to work out how it had happened. Before I left the house I had washed my hands and there was no towel in the bathroom to dry myself. As I wandered through the house looking for a towel I must have touched my pocket to check that I had my car keys. At that moment I put a perfect hand print on my trousers.
It took about half an hour for the print to dry and disappear and for that half hour I remained at my desk not wanting to be the source of any more wandering eyes. If you want to get noticed at the start of your day, simply place a wet hand print at the top of your trousers. I can guarantee it will work :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home