Sunday, August 06, 2006

IHOP
Come Hungry, Leave Happy. More like Come Hungry, Leave on a massive sugar high!! Yesterday was our first trip to IHOP (The International House Of Pancakes) and it was quite an experience. A number of my American friends had recommended the place and could not believe I hadn't visited yet, so first thing Saturday morning we headed out to a local restaurant.
After looking at the menu for a few minutes I was hoping for an insulin shot before I ate anything. Everything contained massive amounts of sugar. I am sure I even saw people adding syrup to their steaks!! It certainly is an interesting place and one you wouldn’t find in the UK. I ate a half stack on Strawberry pancakes and left with a massive sugar buzz. It’s impossible not to leave this place feeling happy as they basically fill you with sugar. 20 minutes later isn’t so great when you realise what you have just eaten. Nevermind, it’s all about experiencing America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home